Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Social Skills Group on South Shore of Boston

I am still looking to start a group for kids with Asperger's Syndrome or high functioning autism on the South Shore (south of Boston). I've noticed that there aren't many --or any, rather -- social groups in my area for Nick to enjoy. As you may know, kids with autism have trouble making friends and being in social settings--and Nick is no exception. I'm not sure about your child, but Nick doesn't have many friends outside of school to do activities with or to meet up, so I thought that starting a group of friends (on the south shore) might be a great idea ... Leave a comment or send me an email if you are on the south shore and have a child with high functioning autism, and are between the ages of 6th grade - high school (Nick's in 8th grade) and wish to do fun activities together (start a social group): go bowling, rock climbing, arcade, ice skate, ski ... etc..

***Update*** So far about 3 moms have emailed me, some are also interested in a mom's dinner night out!!

http://fearlessfemales.blogspot.com/2009/01/social-group-for-kids-with-aspergers-or.html

4 comments:

Jake Dillon said...

That's great Holli! Wish I was closer, I would love to go out to dinner with you.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I wish we were closer too - Nigel would love to be in a social group with Nick! (And I'd love to do dinner!!)

Holly said...

Thanks and me too!! It is too bad you all aren't closer!!!!

Katy Shamitz said...

Hi Holly! I randomly found your blog today- not sure if you're still active on Blogger, but wanted you to know that I have a social skills center in Norwell- groups for all kids, but I specialize in academically talented kids with room for social growth. Nick would be most welcome. :) www.skills4living.net