Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Social Skills Group on South Shore of Boston

I am still looking to start a group for kids with Asperger's Syndrome or high functioning autism on the South Shore (south of Boston). I've noticed that there aren't many --or any, rather -- social groups in my area for Nick to enjoy. As you may know, kids with autism have trouble making friends and being in social settings--and Nick is no exception. I'm not sure about your child, but Nick doesn't have many friends outside of school to do activities with or to meet up, so I thought that starting a group of friends (on the south shore) might be a great idea ... Leave a comment or send me an email if you are on the south shore and have a child with high functioning autism, and are between the ages of 6th grade - high school (Nick's in 8th grade) and wish to do fun activities together (start a social group): go bowling, rock climbing, arcade, ice skate, ski ... etc..

***Update*** So far about 3 moms have emailed me, some are also interested in a mom's dinner night out!!

http://fearlessfemales.blogspot.com/2009/01/social-group-for-kids-with-aspergers-or.html

4 comments:

Shea's Mom said...

That's great Holli! Wish I was closer, I would love to go out to dinner with you.

Tanya @ Teenautism said...

Yes, I wish we were closer too - Nigel would love to be in a social group with Nick! (And I'd love to do dinner!!)

Holly Nappi Collins said...

Thanks and me too!! It is too bad you all aren't closer!!!!

Katy Shamitz said...

Hi Holly! I randomly found your blog today- not sure if you're still active on Blogger, but wanted you to know that I have a social skills center in Norwell- groups for all kids, but I specialize in academically talented kids with room for social growth. Nick would be most welcome. :) www.skills4living.net