Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Happy Birthday Songs...

Nick’s birthday is today.. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, NICK!!

My parents call all of us on our birthday to sing the HAPPY BIRTHDAY SONG. I knew it was them when they called Nick this morning… based on caller ID and that I have a special tone assigned to their number… so I can tell it’s them w/o seeing the phone. A talent which Nick still can’t wrap his brain around…."How do you always know it's them, Mom???"

Anyway, halfway through the song that they were singing to him, Nick looks up to me to say: "Yup it’s them!!" As if he didn’t quite know for sure… so funny.

Afterward, I started singing him a song too, made up songs that I like to sing around the house every so often…

This was our quick conversation:

"How’d you like that song, Nick?"
Big smile on his face…
"Do I have a talent in this area??"
"Ah, NO!"

Uh-huh! Now that’s my honest boy who’s (big gulp) 15 today! YIKES.

Do I look like someone who has a 15 year old???

Well do I?

HUH??? ;)

And we will be going out birthday shopping with Nick today—to spend his birthday money, and yes, he’s loaded!! Thanks to Grandma, Grandpa, Aunt Sue, Uncle Rick, his parents… And, Yes, he’s playing hookey today. Of course! Then to Grandma and Grandpa’s house for dinner.

Did you hear that? (cue new song..) I don’t have to cook todayyyHooray, hooray….No, I won't sing this song because, apparentlyyy, I don’t have a talent in this areaaa… hooray, hooray!!

Awkward, isn't it???

3 comments:

Jake Dillon said...

15!?

Happy birthday to Nick and to you Holli! 15 years ago today...you made a little miracle. Not single handedly, of course, but you did all the heavy lifting. ;-)

Congratulations to you both.

Tanya @ Teenautism said...

Wow! 15! Happy Birthday to Nick! Nigel will be 15 in a few months too. I can't wrap my mind around it!

Happy birthday said...

Haapy birthday to Nick! Enjoy this wonderful happy birthday video!