Saturday, November 29, 2008

Black Friday--Bittersweet

Black Friday was bittersweet. It was dark and rainy, then it shifted to warm and sunny and I saved almost 400 bucks on a 42" new plasma—yummy and Merry Christmas!

At the same time, my eyes were glued to CNN and thoughts go out to the victims in India.

Then my son said and I quote: "It's an unstable world." Not sure where he picked that up from or from whom. But I then had to define what an unstable world was... A bit too young (14) to be quoting such adult words. I don't think that I picked up "life is unfair" until I was 20.

Anyway, anyone got good shopping ideas for a 14 year old boy and a 13 year old girl. what's on your kids' list this year? Need ideas, please!!! Nick is too nice of a boy and he won't (I repeat: will not) make a shopping list for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nigel can never have enough Lego. Plus, he loves history - ancient Greece to the JFK assassination - he loves it all. So I've got books and Lego on my list!